New member

v. sunder anand
Dear All,

I am V.Sunder Anand  recently joined your family to learn Ofbiz
framework and benefit out of it. What I hope to achieve is to build a
simple inventory management system based on ofbiz and gradually add
other component to it, Of course inventory itself will need party and
product.

So far i am good with
- d/l'ed opentaps erp+crm codebase
- rereading the documents on the ofbiz website.
- rereading the 'data model book v1' bought thru amazon.
- watched the videos over n over
- placed order for additional training video from undersun consulting.
- Imported the w/s into eclipse with little difficulty.
-

What I intend to do is the following

- Strip out all the applications from the framework
- add simple party mgmt system (CRUD)
- add simple product mgmt system (CRUD)
- add inventory mgmt system

I would like to seek your help to learning the framework and rolling
out the inventory system. I would also wish to participate in the
list.

Regards,
V.Sunder Anand

Re: New member

vijay Si
Welcome to ofbiz family!!!

On Nov 22, 2007 9:42 AM, Sunder Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am V.Sunder Anand  recently joined your family to learn Ofbiz
> framework and benefit out of it. What I hope to achieve is to build a
> simple inventory management system based on ofbiz and gradually add
> other component to it, Of course inventory itself will need party and
> product.
>
> So far i am good with
> - d/l'ed opentaps erp+crm codebase
> - rereading the documents on the ofbiz website.
> - rereading the 'data model book v1' bought thru amazon.
> - watched the videos over n over
> - placed order for additional training video from undersun consulting.
> - Imported the w/s into eclipse with little difficulty.
> -
>
> What I intend to do is the following
>
> - Strip out all the applications from the framework
> - add simple party mgmt system (CRUD)
> - add simple product mgmt system (CRUD)
> - add inventory mgmt system
>
> I would like to seek your help to learning the framework and rolling
> out the inventory system. I would also wish to participate in the
> list.
>
> Regards,
> V.Sunder Anand

Re: New member

David E Jones

On Nov 21, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Sunder Anand wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am V.Sunder Anand  recently joined your family to learn Ofbiz
> framework and benefit out of it. What I hope to achieve is to build a
> simple inventory management system based on ofbiz and gradually add
> other component to it, Of course inventory itself will need party and
> product.
>
> So far i am good with
> - d/l'ed opentaps erp+crm codebase
> - rereading the documents on the ofbiz website.
> - rereading the 'data model book v1' bought thru amazon.
> - watched the videos over n over
> - placed order for additional training video from undersun consulting.
> - Imported the w/s into eclipse with little difficulty.
> -
These sound great, with the exception of the opentaps thing. If you
are planning to develop based on OFBiz you should get the latest from
the SVN trunk.

See "Building From SVN" here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide

> What I intend to do is the following
>
> - Strip out all the applications from the framework
> - add simple party mgmt system (CRUD)
> - add simple product mgmt system (CRUD)
> - add inventory mgmt system

Please note that all of these things already exist in OFBiz... in fact
there is a pretty advanced inventory management infrastructure already
in the project.

This documentation is not totally up to date, but contains very
valuable information on how different parts of the system work. Here
is end-user level documentation that explains much of these parts of
OFBiz:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/OFBiz+End+User+Docs+Home