Ofbiz in the wild

Woyce Batkins
Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are there
some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was not
sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
the same people on the market.
Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Schumann
Dear Woyce,

I did successfully applied ofbiz in my manufacturing company with around 150 users.

I used mssql server and sometimes I did experience some traffic blocks and unstable situations due to various reasons but nothing could not be solved with worst scenario restarting.

The pro is you can expand and configure as many as modules you need (theoretically) and the con is the out of the box versions are always with bugs and you need someone closely monitor it.

HIH
Schumann

Sendt fra min iPhone

> 1. apr. 2021 kl. 18:52 skrev Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]>:
>
> Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are there
> some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
> the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
> Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
> I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was not
> sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
> the same people on the market.
> Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Woyce Batkins
Thanks Schumann, nice to hear.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 2:43 PM Schumann Ye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Woyce,
>
> I did successfully applied ofbiz in my manufacturing company with around
> 150 users.
>
> I used mssql server and sometimes I did experience some traffic blocks and
> unstable situations due to various reasons but nothing could not be solved
> with worst scenario restarting.
>
> The pro is you can expand and configure as many as modules you need
> (theoretically) and the con is the out of the box versions are always with
> bugs and you need someone closely monitor it.
>
> HIH
> Schumann
>
> Sendt fra min iPhone
>
> > 1. apr. 2021 kl. 18:52 skrev Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are
> there
> > some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
> > the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
> > Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
> > I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was
> not
> > sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
> > the same people on the market.
> > Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

I'd recommend to usePostgreSQL above all other Open Source DBMS.
that's my own opinion, and I'll not get in deep with that. With OFBiz Entity Engine (also used by Jira since start[1]) anyone can pick the DBMS s/he
prefers.

While at it:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/620215/jira-using-enterprise-architecture-by-ofbiz

[1] https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/database-schema/#entity-engine-and-working-with-the-jira-database

    <<Jira uses Entity Engine module of the OfBiz<http://ofbiz.apache.org/> suite to communicate with the database. To learn more, read the online
    documentation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Entity+Engine+Guide>.>>

HTH

Jacques

Le 02/04/2021 à 01:55, Woyce Batkins a écrit :

> Thanks Schumann, nice to hear.
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 2:43 PM Schumann Ye <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Woyce,
>>
>> I did successfully applied ofbiz in my manufacturing company with around
>> 150 users.
>>
>> I used mssql server and sometimes I did experience some traffic blocks and
>> unstable situations due to various reasons but nothing could not be solved
>> with worst scenario restarting.
>>
>> The pro is you can expand and configure as many as modules you need
>> (theoretically) and the con is the out of the box versions are always with
>> bugs and you need someone closely monitor it.
>>
>> HIH
>> Schumann
>>
>> Sendt fra min iPhone
>>
>>> 1. apr. 2021 kl. 18:52 skrev Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are
>> there
>>> some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
>>> the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
>>> Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
>>> I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was
>> not
>>> sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
>>> the same people on the market.
>>> Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Woyce Batkins
Thanks, very helpful
Is Ofbiz suitable for a brick and mortar shop? Is there anyone using it in
such a way?

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:25 AM Jacques Le Roux <

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

vinuthomas2008
is ofbiz developed in spring-boot?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:12 PM Schumann Ye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Woyce,
>
> I did successfully applied ofbiz in my manufacturing company with around
> 150 users.
>
> I used mssql server and sometimes I did experience some traffic blocks and
> unstable situations due to various reasons but nothing could not be solved
> with worst scenario restarting.
>
> The pro is you can expand and configure as many as modules you need
> (theoretically) and the con is the out of the box versions are always with
> bugs and you need someone closely monitor it.
>
> HIH
> Schumann
>
> Sendt fra min iPhone
>
> > 1. apr. 2021 kl. 18:52 skrev Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are
> there
> > some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
> > the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
> > Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
> > I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was
> not
> > sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
> > the same people on the market.
> > Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Nope

Le 04/04/2021 à 19:12, vinuthomas2008 a écrit :

> is ofbiz developed in spring-boot?
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:12 PM Schumann Ye <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Woyce,
>>
>> I did successfully applied ofbiz in my manufacturing company with around
>> 150 users.
>>
>> I used mssql server and sometimes I did experience some traffic blocks and
>> unstable situations due to various reasons but nothing could not be solved
>> with worst scenario restarting.
>>
>> The pro is you can expand and configure as many as modules you need
>> (theoretically) and the con is the out of the box versions are always with
>> bugs and you need someone closely monitor it.
>>
>> HIH
>> Schumann
>>
>> Sendt fra min iPhone
>>
>>> 1. apr. 2021 kl. 18:52 skrev Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are
>> there
>>> some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
>>> the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
>>> Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
>>> I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was
>> not
>>> sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
>>> the same people on the market.
>>> Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

There was a POS plugins. It was discontinued and somehow replaced by the webPOS component.

As you know, since you created the last ones ;), there are currently some issues: https://s.apache.org/rk7o5, nothing dramatic IIRW

Jacques

Le 04/04/2021 à 18:52, Woyce Batkins a écrit :

> Thanks, very helpful
> Is Ofbiz suitable for a brick and mortar shop? Is there anyone using it in
> such a way?
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:25 AM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 02/04/2021 à 10:11, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories
>> BTW, it's linked from the page above, but don't miss:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Is+OFBiz+for+Me
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewinfo.action?pageId=6553938
>>
>> So maybe have a look at
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Related+Books
>>
>> and if you client is Chinese:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23333062

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Apex Technomatics
Apache OFBiz has a large set of business processes, which when deployed result in numerous client/server and database interactions. If business reporting is enabled this load further increases. With such a large number of parallel transactions running at one time, it is important that the application’s architecture is robust and when deployed it performs smoothly. Performance benchmarking is a similar process to software development, in that you need to have a good understanding
Beyond the framework itself, Apache OFBiz offers functionality including:

Accounting (agreements, invoicing, vendor management, general ledger)
        Asset maintenance
        Catalogue and product management
        Facility and warehouse management system
         manufacturing operations management
        Order processing
        Inventory management, automated stock replenishment etc.
        Content management system
        Human resources
        Project management
        Sales force automation
        Work effort management
        point of sale
        Electronic commerce
        Scrum (development)

of the business domain and its requirements to be able to perform it

On 2021/04/01 10:51:53, Woyce Batkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me by his own experience how scalable ofbiz is?  Are there
> some numbers out there about some of the biggest ofbiz installations and
> the type of traffic that ofbiz can handle?
> Does anyone here have ofbiz running in a multitenant environment?
> I tried to recommend ofbiz to somebody but he did some research and was not
> sure about these things, also because there is a concurrent product from
> the same people on the market.
> Thanks.

Re: Ofbiz in the wild

Thanks Apex Technomatics,

Your message has been moderated, else it would not have reached this Mailing List.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

You will get a better support, people can answer you on the ML.
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get.

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could).

TIA

Jacques