Removing Main tabs in ofbiz

Harshal Shah
Hi All,

I am new to ofbiz and just started learning after installing ofbiz
4.0. I am planning to customize it for some specific requirement. I
need to remove some of the main tabs like the "Example" ,
"Manufacturing" and "Content" tabs from the UI.

Can somebody point me to the file (if it is configuration) as to from
where can I remove them so that they are not displayed? If there is
any work around as well do let me know. I need to try and do this as
quickly as possible.

-Thanks
Harshal

Re: Removing Main tabs in ofbiz

pratik-5

Hello harshal,
                        As you are beginner in  OFBIZ so i would like to
suggest you to go through this link
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Beginner%27s+Development+Guide+Using+Practice+Application
I hope this is very much helpful for you to start with OFBIZ.

Regards,
Pratik Khera

Harshal Shah wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to ofbiz and just started learning after installing ofbiz
> 4.0. I am planning to customize it for some specific requirement. I
> need to remove some of the main tabs like the "Example" ,
> "Manufacturing" and "Content" tabs from the UI.
>
> Can somebody point me to the file (if it is configuration) as to from
> where can I remove them so that they are not displayed? If there is
> any work around as well do let me know. I need to try and do this as
> quickly as possible.
>
> -Thanks
> Harshal

Re: Removing Main tabs in ofbiz

hans_bakker
in the specific component change the ofbiz-component.xml
add the line:   app-bar-display="false"

from: for (example component)

   <webapp name="example"
        title="Example"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/example"
        base-permission="OFBTOOLS,EXAMPLE"
        mount-point="/example"/>

to:
   <webapp name="example"
        title="Example"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/example"
        base-permission="OFBTOOLS,EXAMPLE"
        app-bar-display="false"
        mount-point="/example"/>

Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices

Re: Removing Main tabs in ofbiz

Harshal Shah
Thanks Hans. That worked like magic. I was able to achieve this by
changing the web-app config and doing ant clean and then ant.

-Thanks
Harshal