adding an extra payment method

Heidi Dehaes - Olagos
Hello,

I added an extra payment method , a little bit the same way as "PayPal" but
let's say "xyz".
Payment Method: xyz
Service Type: External Payment (no service)
Payment Props: payment.properties
Apply to All: Y

I inserted in the file payment.properties (C:\
... \applications\accounting\config\payment.properties
the same properties as for PayPal but i changed the name of "Paypal"
anywhere in "xyz".

I will write later on a similar java file like PayPalEvents.java but then
for xyz (C:\ ...
\applications\accounting\src\org\ofbiz\accounting\thirdparty\paypal).

But when i try to pay a command in the ecommerce website, i get showed as
payment possiblities only "PayPal" and never "xyz" also.

Can anyone tell me what i forgot to modify in order that xyz is also shown
as payment possibilities?

thanks,
Heidi

Re: adding an extra payment method

BJ Freeman

Re: adding an extra payment method

Re: adding an extra payment method

Heidi Dehaes - Olagos
Hello,

Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6 months
ago.

But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the option
when i try to buy a product.

regards,
Heidi

Re: adding an extra payment method

BJ Freeman

ok
i ask again
so what did you set this to:

note: i am using this to show you where to look but you need to look in
your own productStoreId
https://demo40.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStorePaySetup?productStoreId=9000
 for CC payments

Heidi Dehaes sent the following on 3/7/2009 12:37 PM:

> Hello,
>
> Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
> My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6 months
> ago.
>
> But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the option
> when i try to buy a product.
>
> regards,
> Heidi
>
> 2009/3/7 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>
>
> I am assuming you are still with ver 4.0. always good to remind since
> most will respond using the trunk.
> first the paypal example is not complete and needs work.
> so if you copied it you may find you payment does not work.
> so what did you set this to:
>
> https://demo40.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStorePaySetup?productStoreId=9000
> for CC payments
>
> Heidi Dehaes sent the following on 3/7/2009 8:59 AM:
>  > Hello,
> but

> shown

Fwd: adding an extra payment method

Heidi Dehaes - Olagos
 Ok i tried to send you copyscreens but they are too big.

but:
  I set the payment method to "DEXIA" which is not in the list you showed
me.
I have to write myself a kind of dexia_event.java file to do the work.
But before i do that i don't see the option when i try to buy something at
my own website.

   regards,
Heidi

2009/3/7 Heidi Dehaes <[hidden email]>

 Hello,

> Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
> My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6 months
> ago.
>
> But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the option
> when i try to buy a product.
>
> regards,
> Heidi

Re: adding an extra payment method

Vince Clark
Heidi - I think in the version you are using payment methods during checkout were hardcoded in an ftl file.

Ok i tried to send you copyscreens but they are too big.

but:
I set the payment method to "DEXIA" which is not in the list you showed
me.
I have to write myself a kind of dexia_event.java file to do the work.
But before i do that i don't see the option when i try to buy something at
my own website.

regards,
Heidi

2009/3/7 Heidi Dehaes <[hidden email]>

Hello,

> Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
> My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6 months
> ago.
>
> But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the option
> when i try to buy a product.
>
> regards,
> Heidi

Re: adding an extra payment method

Heidi Dehaes - Olagos
Hello,

Yes, that i think also.
But i need to find where it is hardcoded.

Heidi

2009/3/8 Vince M. Clark <[hidden email]>

> Heidi - I think in the version you are using payment methods during
> checkout were hardcoded in an ftl file.

Re: Fwd: adding an extra payment method

guess I should have just ask if it was still set to paypal.
that would cause you to see the paypal as well as xyz.
Actually I think your referring to when a customer is in the cart
https://demo40.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/checkoutoptions
  <view-map name="checkoutpayment" type="screen"
page="component://ecommerce/widget/OrderScreens.xml#checkoutpayment"/>
Which leads you to ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/paymentoptions.ftl

note the code:
              <#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_OFFLINE?exists>
name="paymentMethodTypeId" value="EXT_OFFLINE" <#if
paymentMethodTypeId?exists && paymentMethodTypeId ==
"EXT_OFFLINE">checked</#if>/></td>

Heidi Dehaes sent the following on 3/7/2009 1:30 PM:

>  Ok i tried to send you copyscreens but they are too big.
>
> but:
>   I set the payment method to "DEXIA" which is not in the list you showed
> me.
> I have to write myself a kind of dexia_event.java file to do the work.
> But before i do that i don't see the option when i try to buy something at
> my own website.
>

>    regards,
> Heidi
>
> 2009/3/7 Heidi Dehaes <[hidden email]>
>
>  Hello,
>> Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
>> My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6 months
>> ago.
>>
>> But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the option
>> when i try to buy a product.
>>
>> regards,
>> Heidi

Re: Fwd: adding an extra payment method

Heidi Dehaes - Olagos
yes, thanks for the help.

But i saw also these paymentoptions.ftl and the problem (the hardcoding) has
still to be anywhere else.

I will check further. If you find something interesting about this, please
let me know also.

Heidi

2009/3/8 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>

> guess I should have just ask if it was still set to paypal.
> that would cause you to see the paypal as well as xyz.
> Actually I think your referring to when a customer is in the cart
> https://demo40.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/checkoutoptions
>  <view-map name="checkoutpayment" type="screen"
> page="component://ecommerce/widget/OrderScreens.xml#checkoutpayment"/>
> Which leads you to ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/paymentoptions.ftl
>
> note the code:
>              <#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_OFFLINE?exists>
> name="paymentMethodTypeId" value="EXT_OFFLINE" <#if
> paymentMethodTypeId?exists && paymentMethodTypeId ==
> "EXT_OFFLINE">checked</#if>/></td>
>

> Heidi Dehaes sent the following on 3/7/2009 1:30 PM:
>  >  Ok i tried to send you copyscreens but they are too big.
> >
> > but:
> >   I set the payment method to "DEXIA" which is not in the list you showed
> > me.
> > I have to write myself a kind of dexia_event.java file to do the work.
> > But before i do that i don't see the option when i try to buy something
> at
> > my own website.
> >

> >    regards,
> > Heidi
> >
> > 2009/3/7 Heidi Dehaes <[hidden email]>
> >
> >  Hello,
> >> Yes i am working with ofbiz release 4.
> >> My PayPal works fine after i did a modification in the java file 6
> months
> >> ago.
> >>
> >> But if i copy the same for a new payment method xyz, i don't see the
> option
> >> when i try to buy a product.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Heidi

Re: Fwd: adding an extra payment method

BJ Freeman

giving a link to where you see this would help.

Heidi Dehaes sent the following on 3/8/2009 6:23 AM: